Pulled Pork at it's best!
You've not had pulled pork like this before…
Dark, flavorful bark, the juicy tender pork and hiding under a blanket of your choice of Slaughterhouse BBQ sauce! Enough talk, let's get to the good stuff…
What you need
Here's what you'll need in order to reheat your meat:
- A stove
- A pot large enough to put your vacuum sealed meat pouch
- A pair of tongs
How long will it take?
Prep time: However long it takes to bring a pot of water to a high simmer (not boiling)
Heating time: About 10 minutes
Here's how you do it:
First off, we won't be using a microwave to re-heat your pulled pork. Why? Your microwave will heat your food too quickly and with too much heat. The result? Tough, dry, and over cooked meat. We'll be using your stove and a pot of hot water to bring back all of the flavor and tenderness of your meat.
So, let's warm up your meat so you can eat!
- Heat a pot of water on your stove so that it's just under boiling temperature. We don’t want to use boiling water, as it may melt the vacuum pouch.
- Once the water has come up to temp, carefully put your vacuum sealed meat pouch into the water. Feel free to trim the vacuum pouch if it won't fit in the pot. Just be careful not to break the vacuum seal!
- Let your meat (still in its vacuum pouch) sit in the hot water for about 5 minutes. After the 5 minutes is up, use your tongs to carefully pick up the vacuum pouch, flip it over and place it back in the water.
- Let your meat soak for another 5 minutes.
- Use your tongs to carefully remove the vacuum pouch from the water. If you would like your meat hotter, just put it back in the water for a little longer.
- Use a pair of scissors to open the vacuum pouch so you can enjoy your meat!
If you have any questions, email us at ReheatMyMeat@slaughterhouse-bbq.com